As the Covid-19 continues to impact businesses, the Hong Kong Government has announced various relief measures to assist businesses to cope with the economic downturn. As of April 8, 2020, the Government has pledged HK$287.5 billion to help offset the economic fallout from COVID-19, including a HK$120 billion relief package in the 2020-21 Budget, HK$30 billion Anti-epidemic Fund and HK$137.5 billion relief package.
This event is hosted by Australian Chamber of Commerce (Hong Kong) and co-hosted by MayCham, Austrian Chamber, British Chamber, Dutch Chamber, European Chamber, Italian Chamber, Romanian Chamber, Swiss Chamber and Spanish Chamber.
In this interactive webinar on Friday, 22 May, from 12:30-1:30pm, the Partners of KPMG (MayCham's Corporate Member), Mr Ivor Morris and Mr Murray Sarelius to review the Hong Kong government's relief measures and share their practical insights on managing tax and employment matters during turbulent times.
Topics that will be covered include:
- A review of the latest Hong Kong Government's relief measures
- What are the impacts of the relief measures
- Relief measures to hard-hit sectors
- How tax can help you mitigate future challenges
- Interpretation of the Employment Support Scheme
- HR considerations for non-redundancy undertakings such as eligibility, when to seek government support, its financial impact, and other operational matters
Member - Complimentary
Non-member - HKD 140 per person